G2 Technologies, based in Apex, NC specializes in the design and development of automated inspection, measurement and test systems. Primary industries served are: Automotive, Basic Materials – Steel/Lumber/Construction, Electromechanics/Electrotechnics, Electronics, Food/Beverage, Government/Defense, Imaging Equipment, Industrial Controls/Devices/Systems, Machines/Mechanics, Medical/Medical Instrumentation, Semiconductor, Textiles/Fibers/Plastics, Transportation, and Aerospace/Avionics.
Candidate will be responsible for the design and development of automated inspection, measurement and test systems. This will include component selection, solid models, detailed drawings, testing, troubleshooting, schedule adherence, cost, performance and quality. Applications and must be able to interact well with clients during all phases of the system integration process. This position requires some travel but is centered around the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.
- Generates engineering drawings, bills of material and documentation
- Generates concept sketches and layout drawings as well as creating new equipment designs
- Interaction with engineering project teams as a principle team member with expertise in mechanical design
- Interprets specifications and execute design work per specification
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related degree (equivalent experience and/or degree considered)
- Experience with Solidworks
- Mechanical design practice including fundamental engineering principles, design principles, basic calculations and familiarity with industrial standards and practice
- Fixture design experience highly desirable
- Willingness to propose alternative solutions, new ideas and suggestions for improvement
- Support and fostering of teamwork and offering of personal support to other team members
G2 offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical & Dental insurance, a 401K, paid personal time off, paid holidays and a quarterly bonus plan.