Prepare designs and layout drawing of mechanical assemblies and perform related activities in support of the design and fabrication process.
- Review design requirements with users; resolve any design related issues.
- Prepare designs and layout drawings and review with project engineers.
- Provide input as required during fabrication process.
- Review mechanical designs prepared by contractors.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Technical Diploma, Associates Degree or 2 years college course work.
- Work Experience:
Four to five years job related experience
This job requires skill in preparation of mechanical drawings and related documentation as well as knowledge of the fabrication process for mechanical assemblies. Also required is skills in use of office and specialized computer applications.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- Demonstrated competency in machining and 3D printing
- Demonstrated understanding of design/build process
- Knowledge of machine-shop operations requirements
- Strong grasp of biomedical and mechanical engineering concepts and how they relate to medical device developments
- Proficiency with SolidWorks (3D Computer-Aided Design Software)
- Proficiency with HSMworks (Computer-Aided Manufacturing Software)
The Global Center for Medical Innovation is an independent, not-for-profit, full-service product development organization — the first and only one of its kind in the Southeast. The center helps new-product teams enhance their product development, shorten time to market, and achieve significant cost savings throughout the process. It’s a new, collaborative environment that makes everyone’s efforts more efficient and cost-effective.
The center is housed in Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute and located in midtown Atlanta — an area thriving with technological innovation and entrepreneurship. GCMI was one of six winners of a national i6 Challenge focused on driving commercialization and innovation in the US.
EI2 – Enterprise Innovation Institute
Jun 19, 2013, 7:57:37 AM
Georgia Tech - 5 months ago