Duties and responsibilities:
Independently develops engineering plans, sections, and details for complex projects involving the design of utilities and HVAC (wet/dry) systems for advanced technology, industrial, and commercial facilities including cleanrooms, process facilities, and institutional facilities.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Actively update and refine M+W’s Safety in Design specifications and checklists as related to the Mechanical Engineering Discipline.
- Be responsible for the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project.
- Ensure that company safety policies and Site Specific Plans are proactively communicated and consistently enforced where needed on each project.
- Work collaboratively and utilize EHS staff as a resource for strategic and tactical implementation of EHS processes and procedures.
- Participate in CERT and HAZMAT training and teams as required. Developing detailed mechanical/HVAC construction drawings using architectural and/or industrial engineering background layouts and system performance requirements defined by mechanical engineer.
- Work with clients and peers to find optimum system sizing, routing, materials, and space management for complex ductwork and piping systems.
- Preparing detailed plans, sections, and installation details to define the mechanical contractor’s scope of work for bidding and permitting purposes.
- Performing equipment selection research and developing recommendations with supportive materials.
- Participate in internal and external progress and QA review process.
- Other duties as assigned.
10+ years of experience required
M+W U.S., Inc. is a full service engineering, architecture, and construction management firm. Our focus is technically complex and challenging projects in the fields of scientific research, electronics, renewable energies, life science, battery technology, data centers and government.
Over our 98-year history, we have emerged as a world leader in the design and construction of research and development centers, mission critical facilities, and high tech manufacturing facilities spanning the gamut from proof-of-concept to high volume manufacturing. The partnerships we have formed take us to every continent in the world.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every facet, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Interested? Please send your application stating your income requirements and the earliest day you could start working to , Phone: or write an email to , who will also be able to give you further information.
Our postal address for your application:
M+W U.S., Inc.
1001 Klein Road, Suite 400
Plano, TX 75074, USA
Phone +1 (972) 535-7300
Fax +1 (972) 535-7301