JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Mechanical Designer organizes the documents and details from each order, creates drawings, and requisitions parts to ensure the timely and accurate manufacturing of product, in accordance with company policies and procedures. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Review each assigned order. Organize all the documents and details for all assigned orders according to departmental procedures.
• Create and complete accurate and timely designs, and detailed drawings, and Bill of Materials while ensuring product manufacturability.
• Schedule work to ensure timely completion of product manufacturing.
• Act as a technical resource to review other designs to improve accuracy and to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding designs and manufacturability.
• Revise designs per customer or production changes, improving manufacturability to accommodate uniformity and ease of production.
• Assist in the review and on-going, continuous improvement of design system standards.
• Prepare drawing and documentation for customer communications/ drawing approvals.
• Manage and update engineering data in current company business system (M2K).
• Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
• Maintain technical competency and remain current in AutoCad and related software changes in the industry.
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
• Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Assist with other duties as needed and complete special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires an associate’s degree in 2D/3D design (AutoCAD / CAD). Knowledge of steel strengths and tolerances preferred. Must have ability to work autonomously as the position will report to an offsite facility.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Travel up to 20% of the time and must have ability to obtain a valid passport.
Magnetek - 23 months ago