Essential duties and responsibilities
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for researching, designing and Modeling complex mechanical and structural components based upon an Engineer's theory or idea.
The incumbent deals with complex projects demanding experience and detail and has latitude in design development.
- Design structural and mechanical components and assemblies utilized in subsea BOP control systems.
- Research and secure information on material necessary to develop designs.
- Prepare detailed sketches of new products and assist in developing drawings.
- Recommend efficient methods of fabrication and assembly on equipment to manufacturing and assembly personnel.
- Perform other work related tasks as required by management.
Minimum Job REQUIREMENTS
The Mechanical Designer job requires two years of advanced training in mechanical drafting or design PLUS two or more years of mechanical design experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
An Associate’s Degree would be preferred.
Additional experience and training related to subsea design and control systems is highly desirable.
Knowledge in the following areas also required;
Pro-E / Creo experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical design.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards and Procedures.
- Knowledge of machine shop operations.
- Knowledge of metal types and grades.
- Knowledge of hydraulics.
- Knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of available hardware and fasteners.
Creo Mechanism, Sheetmetal and Piping are a plus.
US TX Houston 6390 N Eldridge Pkwy
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...