Summary: The Mechanical Designer needs to have strong Pro Engineer 3D modeling skills. Daily activities will primarily be focused on sustaining engineering. He/She will be involved in transitioning engineering design changes into production manufacturing practices. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs new product design along with engineering department members and management. Works with department members in the generation of specifications, performing design analysis and all design documentation, and working with suppliers during the introduction of products into manufacturing.
- Works with mechanical and electro-mechanical designs that may include fabricated sheet metal parts, formed and/or molded plastic parts, cast and/or extruded parts and/or other mechanisms and mechanical assemblies.
- Develops three-dimensional mechanical design models on a Mechanical Computer Aided Engineering (MCAE) system. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of necessary engineering documentation for release to production, including inspection drawings and assembly drawings.
- Collaborate with engineering personnel in performing empirical testing to verify designs conform to specification.
- Collaborate with engineering personnel in reviewing, analyzing and initiating corrective action for mechanical component and/or assembly problems, which may occur during the life of a product.
- Manage various engineering projects related to sustaining existing products (cost savings, part obsolescence issues, etc.).
- Troubleshoot non-conforming product on the production floor and/or non-conforming parts rejected by the Inspection Department.
- Participates in peer design reviews for new designs and products.
- Corrects errors in design drawings and inspection drawings.
- Performs various tasks associated with Engineering Change Requests (ECRs).
- Create and execute Temporary Process Deviations (TPDs) to facilitate continued production until an ECR can be executed or a problem corrected.
- Collaborates with design engineers in the creation and modification of engineering documentation for production, including work instructions.
- Provide training of production personnel on new and modified work instructions. Execute production pilot build processes.
- Execute Quality Management System (QMS) dispositions
- Job conditions may require occasional lifting and bending.
- Any and other responsibilities as requested.
- Experience with Pro/E Version Wildfire 3
- Experience with Intralink Version 3.4.
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and inspection drawings.
- Familiarity with GD&T.
- Understands and demonstrates sound testing methodology.
- Ability to isolate faults in complex systems.
- Familiarity with GMP and/or ISO 9001/9002.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree or equivalent knowledge in the application of engineering principles, theories, concepts and techniques. 3-5 years experience is desired.