We are seeking a mechanical designer to join our Mechanical Engineering department.
• Provide design solution assistance to the mechanical engineer team responsible for our wind tunnel, turbine engine test cell and ground test facility market segments.
• Document designs by producing detailed mechanical and structural drawing packages and bills of material
• Develop and design mechanical, structural, mechanism, piping, fuel and other ground test systems and components under the general guidance of the assigned engineer
• Produce concise, accurate and detailed layouts assembly and installation drawings, detailed piece part drawings and BOMs to document the designs
• Assure the design meets the design criteria, operational requirements and maintenance requirements
• Plan and organize the design and drafting activities on assigned projects. Provide labor estimates, schedules and drawing requirements to meet budget and schedule constraints
• Provide direction and guidance to other mechanical designers on assignments that require a team approach
• Organize drawings per company configuration management plan and established procedures
• Support mechanical shop fabrication, assembly and field installation as needed
• Attend design review meetings or customer meetings as required
• Report status needs and challenges to the lead engineer on a regular basis
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• 3 to 7 years of applicable drafting and design experience
• Demonstrated robust proficiency with a 3D modeling package is essential (Inventor preferred)
• Proficient with AutoCAD & Microsoft packages
• 2 years of technical engineering training in mechanical design techniques
• Experience with large weldements, piping, mechanical assemblies and machining methods desired
• Good communication skills - written and verbal are required
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interface productively with peer teams and departments
Due to the nature of our work US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
If you are interested and available for this challenging opportunity, please use the apply process where you found this job or apply directly on our website at the following URL: http://www.newtownsolutions.com/show_job.cfm?ID=00003089&SRC=NTS
Note: This position does not qualify for sponsorship, no third party resumes please.
Applicant must be able to prove authorization to work in the US as part of Form I-9 verification.
NewTown Solutions, Inc. - 16 months ago