The mechanical designer will be responsible for performing routine tasks using a computer for drafting and design applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist with sizing HVAC ductwork and selection of air distribution outlets and devices based on established criteria
- Developing 3D Reference Package blocks and experience working with the virtual factory receiving these blocks is highly preferred
- Review design package with PE staff
- Coordinate project design with outside consultants
- Conduct field verification/observation. Provide field data to verify design content and for drawing generation/completion.
- Proficiency for drafting design documents, preparation of equipment specifications, and use of engineering calculation software
Minimum Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree / DIRECT / 8+
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical Associates Degree or any related engineering technology.
- Expertise in AutoCAD 3D is required.
- Ability to lead small teams
- Effective communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Experience in HVAC and piping design, layout and construction drawing generation.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
SSOE - 4 months ago
- 2 days ago
- 1 day ago
- 3 days ago