Under the direction of the Mechanical Project Lead, this position will offer you the opportunity to work with multi-disciplined engineering and design project teams in developing mechanical physical layout drawings.
- Challenging assignments that include the design of mechanical systems.
- Investigating, trouble-shooting, and problem solving a wide variety of mechanical design issues.
- Act as the Mechanical design team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for project work.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other designers and project team members to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Independently plan and execute design deliverables, such as general arrangements, piping isometrics, piping composites, pipe support drawings, and equipment location drawings.
- Conduct field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities.
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced drafters and designers.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* 10+ years of detailed mechanical design experience related to nuclear power generating plants.
* Requires experience in the development of mechanical general arrangements, piping systems, and supports.
* Experience in the review of mechanical equipment including outlines and interface points, and coordinating and developing the associated deliverables.
* Proficient in MicroStation and Microsoft Office.
* Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process.
* High school diploma and 1 or more years of drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
* Applicants must be able to obtain unescorted access to nuclear power facilities.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sargent & Lundy - 13 months ago
The drill for Sargent & Lundy is to deliver engineering, construction management, and consulting services to the global power industry....