Various Business Units
Purpose of the Position
Performs general drafting and product support under the direct supervision of a senior engineer. Provides support to assembly by troubleshooting. Assists with the first builds of new products. Works under the direction of business unit leader and or senior engineers. Although the location of the position is in Sterling, VA, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Performs product development activities including but not limited to creating and supporting design specifications and documentation requirements; assists in solid modeling layout by building and testing prototypes with guidance from engineering staff; and monitoring and maintaining product development schedules.
- Works with guidance on complex engineering activities.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of design standards and ensures product is repeatable and manufacturability.
- Maintains accurate product documentation and work instructions and provides technical support to the assembly departments.
- Interfaces with quality assurance department
- Resolves customer issues in a timely fashion with Technical Support.
- Investigates cost reduction issues under engineers’ guidance.
- Interacts with vendors for design of components.
- Various support functions as needed
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
No physical demands required to perform duties.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in basic computer use (Word, Excel) and communication tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with 3-D modeling applications and techniques as well as proficiency with office productivity software.
- Proficient with documentation such as ECRO’s and initial release drawings
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Use and safety of small hand tool is a must.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Thorlabs, Inc. - 8 months ago
- 30+ days ago
- 30+ days ago