Parsons Brinckerhoff Mechanical and Electrical group has an immediate opening in our New York City office for a junior level Mechanical Engineer to work on mechanical design projects for transportation-related facilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Project assignments may include, although not limited to, vehicular or rail tunnels, transportation centers, transit maintenance facilities, parking structures, or pump stations. This is an excellent technical position for a junior level engineer to learn and be mentored in the engineering design of significant projects for an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
- Performing aero- and thermodynamic studies of tunnels and transit ventilation systems.
- Assist in preparing design criteria documents, calculations, drawings and specifications for mechanical systems including: large ventilation plant, water treatment facilities, storm drainage systems, pumping systems, and fire suppression systems;
- Develop costs estimates for systems;
- Assist senior engineers or engineer-of-record for design documents and reports;
- Provide field testing and other support during construction activities.
The qualified candidate will possess a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree with a minimum of one year of professional job experience. Additional requirements include:
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
- MS Office skills and knowledge of AutoCAD, MATLAB or other programs such as Maple, NX 5.0, Autodesk, Algor, or similar.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...