Candidates will be responsible for designing, analyzing and some testing of mechanical assemblies, modules, boards and other equipment that are part of an airborne platform. Mechanical designs will be analyzed/simulated for adherence to design specifications. Environmental and Reliability and Maintainability (R & M) models of designs will also be analyzed to ascertain compliance with specifications in these areas.
Candidates will be expected to provide some detailed drawings of products and will also give guidance to junior level Mechanical Engineers, and provide engineering support to produce detailed drawings. Candidates rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They develop new products and will support existing company products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Interface with customers and vendors to resolve design issues, product use, field problems and new product development.
• Conduct top level designs and produce briefing material for Program Manager and Customers.
• Develop parametrically driven CAD models, assemblies and drawings.
• Create mechanical test plans and procedures for product qualification, acceptance testing, and validation of new mechanically designed components.
• Develop structural and thermal analysis to assure product design(s) meets environmental requirements.
• Conduct site visits to determine mounting and structural locations on various platforms.
• Support production and manufacturing activities including planning and materials procurement.
• Interface with managers and other departments within the company.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or related Aerospace background acceptable.
• MS in Mechanical Engineering is desired
• Minimum of 3 years Mechanical Engineering experience, preferably in the aircraft/avionics industry.
• The qualified candidate will have a solid background in thermal and vibrations analysis, with aircraft structure modeling experience preferred.
• Mechanical Design of “MIL-spec” systems including chassis, board, and components is a plus for this candidate.
• Experience with the latest SolidWorks software tools for analysis and modeling of parts and assemblies is highly desired.
• Additional experience with environmental analysis (shock, vibration, acoustics, EMI/EMC) and automated tools is a plus.
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...