Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer I to work within the R&D Engineering Group of Waters Consumables Business Unit. The individual will work closely with Senior Engineers and chemists in a team environment. Activities will be directed to new product development and testing, with a focus on analytical column, microfluidic, and sample preparation products.
- Testing and evaluation of prototype designs in an R&D Lab environment
- Organizing and presenting results in team meetings
- Analyzing experimental results and writing technical reports
- Utilizing CAD software to develop prototype designs
- Working with internal and external suppliers and vendors
- Supporting transfer of new products into manufacturing
- Troubleshooting issues with existing products
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- Solid fundamental background in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of basic machining processes and inspection methods
- Familiarity with solid modeling (CAD)
- Experience with Unigraphics (UG/NX) or Solidworks strongly preferred
- Other beneficial areas of experience would include: basic chemistry, chemical engineering, and chromatography instrumentation.
R&D, microfluidics, sample prep, chromatography, solid modeling, new product development
Waters Corporation - 4 months ago
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...