GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: Successful candidate will maintain training and development in reliability technologies, conduct regular and formal downtime analysis for critical plant equipment- including but not limited to, SAG, ball, and double rotator mills, roasters, crushers, autoclaves, pumps and conveyors. Identify, quantify and implement initiatives that will improve overall equipment reliability, safe operation and performance. Assist managing shutdown activity project work specifically related to critical plant equipment. Provide supervision of contractors for activities directly related to reliability improvement projects. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Bachelor qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering or minimum of ten (10) years practical engineering/maintenance experience working in a mining, minerals processing or related field required
• Project management and contracts management experience required
• Demonstrated supervisory experience preferred
• Direct experience working with mineral processing equipment preferred
• Familiarity with computer maintenance systems such as Oracle and JDE required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of business improvement methods such as Six Sigma and LEAN preferred
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...