The Mechanical Engineer II supports the Engineering & Design Division in achieving the Business Unit’s goals of improving energy efficiency and stimulating new energy technologies in New York State through physical projects. The Mechanical Engineer works with customers to develop multiple end use projects incorporating energy efficiency measures to reduce the customers’ energy consumption, and is responsible for the development and implementation of cost effective direct-install projects that cover all end-uses. Using business and engineering orientation the incumbent is responsible for bringing such projects from inception through the design and engineering phases, to construction and true up. The incumbent is required to perform a thorough analysis of the economics of each project, present the findings to the customer and obtain approvals to move the project into construction
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop designs, specifications and engineered solutions for various the mechanical equipment and systems’ problems or improvements.
- Perform inspections and evaluations of existing conditions for various mechanical equipment and systems for proper installation, problem identification and trouble shooting, or improvements.
- Provide direction and review for the mechanical design and drafting personnel in the development of the project drawings.
- Review work, including the designs and specifications, produced by other engineers.
- Provide office and field engineering support and oversight during construction or outage activities.
- Independently schedule and prioritize requests to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines and departments for the successful development and execution of the project.
- Perform inspections and evaluations on vendor products to ensure engineering requirements and Authority needs are satisfied.
- Gather information (site, vendors and other engineers) for engineering tasks.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of commercial and industrial facilities and their various mechanical systems and components are required.
- Knowledge of and a working familiarity with current codes, standards, and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High computer literacy.
- Demonstrated performance as a leader on multi-discipline team projects.
- Produce clear, concise, complete and articulate reports which explain recommendations.
- Develop complete, accurate and detailed modification packages, specifications, drawings and other engineered construction documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A New York State Professional Engineers licenseor active pursuit of licensure.
- A minimum of seven years of applicable experience.
- 25% travel within New York State.
New York Power Authority - 2 years ago
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is the nation’s largest state power organization, operating 17 generating facilities and more than...