For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.lge-ku.com/careers
This position will be filled at a level dependent upon the experience and education level of the successful candidate.
This position will support the generation fleet boiler reliability program and engineering services. This is a hands-on position working with central and plant engineers to provide oversight and continued development of technical requirements to achieve best practices for optimizing boiler reliability. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills, and integrity. Similarly, the successful candidate must possess the enthusiasm, experience, change initiation and influence abilities necessary to effectively and aggressively impact fleet boiler reliability.
This position is a Technical Engineer career path.
- Optimize and maintain the fleet boiler welding maintenance program to include:
- Working knowledge and application of fabrication, welding and repair practices and identify improvement opportunities
- Oversight and assurance of welding standards
- Analysis and recommendation of potential improvements
- Provision of assistance and technical expertise on boiler repairs in support of corporate maintenance activities
- Facilitate boiler weld repair best practice and lessons learned sharing across the fleet
- Assure industry best practice awareness throughout Generation
- As necessary, craft new boiler repair procedures to facilitate program optimization
- Interaction with and influence of fleet remote performance monitoring as necessary to optimize program responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between consultants, contractors, project engineering and management on matters concerning welding of boiler components.
- As requested, review consultant/contractor prepared specifications, design concept drawings and vendor bids to provide technical purchase recommendations and advice.
- Connect and coordinate with equipment vendors and evaluate the compatibility and suitability of their product to Company need.
- Develop and prepare information and reports
- Identify and provide appropriate engineering support for generation assets
- Comply with the safety and health program in support of an incident and injury free workplace
- Supervise exempt, non-exempt and bargaining unit personnel under the Supervisory Engineer career path.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager – Generation Engineering.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- 2 years ago - save job