The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for working in a multi-discipline team to lead the mechanical design efforts on Wireless products. Duties will include interfacing with customer, specification review, identification of critical features and risk items, detailing the required level of analysis and risk reduction strategy, initial design drawing for project definition with the customer, lead mechanical design work of Designers/Detailers, perform detailed analysis as required, participate in Design for Manufacturability activities, define and lead product qualification efforts and participate in component verification (First Article Inspection).
- Perform mechanical and assembly process design, analysis and qualification of new or revised designs with limited supervision.
- Responsible for design of experiments, data analysis and summarization of results.
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers (both internal and external)
- Lead mechanical and assembly process design for new product development
- Actively Participate in Design Review (Internal and External)
- Perform Thermal Analysis on new products for the Wireless Business Unit
- Design for Environmental Requirements (corrosion, extreme temperature, moisture, …)
- Perform Tolerance Analysis on new products for the Wireless Business Unit
- Perform Structural Analysis on new products for the Wireless Business Unit
- Fixture Design
- Patricipate in Design for Manufacturing reviews
- Unit and Component Qualification
- Implement and Monitor on-going process performance.
- Excellent Design of Experiments skills
- Excellent Failure Mode Effect and Analysis (FMEA) skills
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong Mechanical Design skills
- Strong Environmental Design Skills (Corrosion, Temperature, Humidity…)
- Strong Thermal Analysis knowledge and skills including both hand calculations and FEA.
- Strong Tolerance Analysis skills
- Basic Automated Surface Mount (SMT) assembly knowledge
- Basic Manual Soldering knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong 3D CAD skills
- Strong PC skills
- Good MS Office (Word/Excel) skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel – 10% travel
- 3 to 5yrs relevant experience
- 5 yrs Design experience
- 5 yrs Analysis experience
- 1 yr experience using FEA software
- 2 yrs experience using 3D CAD software.
- Working knowledge of GD&T
Anaren, Inc. - 13 months ago