Rhythmia Medical, a recent acquisition of Boston Scientific, designs an innovative system to treat cardiac arrhythmias, which targets one of the fastest growing fields in medical devices. The system includes state of the art signal processing, 3D imaging and catheter fabrication technologies. This business employs a small team of super talented individuals whose aim is to have a major impact on developing a breakthrough life-saving technology.
As a Mechanical Engineer at Rhythmia, you will be involved in the design and development of a novel, minimally invasive catheter from prototyping stages through to FDA approval and commercial release. In addition, you will design, develop, and implement test methods and fixtures required for completion of the design and manufacturing processes.
We are looking for bright individuals who are interested in making a difference in a dynamic and exciting entrepreneurial environment.
• Conceptualize, prototype, design, and develop mechanical system elements, including catheters and other components.
• Conceptualize, design, and implement test methods and fixtures for characterization or validation of design attributes.
• Work closely within a cross-functional team environment.
• Create solid model and other drawings.
• Maintain appropriate design records in accordance with FDA and company standards.
• Create design specifications necessary to comply with FDA and industry standards and participate in design verification/validation activities as necessary.
• Interact with clinicians and industry professionals to evaluate design concepts.
• Work closely with outside vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and accurate component delivery.
• Attend and participate in pre-clinical in-vivo system evaluations.
• Be part of laboratory demonstrations for investors and clinicians.
• Integrate electrical components and systems within the mechanical design.
• Other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as deemed necessary.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual looking to grow professionally in a fast paced environment. Excellent knowledge of theoretical and practical fundamentals as well as experimental engineering techniques and a solid ability to work on several projects simultaneously are required.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in design of mechanical products
• Experience for a medical device a plus.
• Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred).
• Experience with FEA tools, such as COSMOS a plus.
• Mechanical aptitude and willingness to work in a laboratory environment.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
• General Office Environment
• Travel 0-10%
Boston Scientific Corporation - 12 months ago
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...