The Mechanical Engineer Associate has responsibility for preparation and coordination and of technical activities on assigned projects. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants, including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
The Engineer Associate is responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. This position is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
While on project, the Engineer Associate reports to the Project Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality and effective execution of project assignments. This position assists the Project Manager in the day-to-day interaction with the Client’s designated representative and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
1. Assists in design and production of mechanical, piping and plumbing systems for projects.
2. Prepare complete construction document and specifications.
3. Coordinate with architects and other engineering disciplines.
4. Perform all phases of work, including field investigation, construction documents and construction administration.
5. Research code issues and work with City, State and County officials
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
1. Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
2. Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
3. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
4. Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
5. Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolving technical project issues.
6. Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
7. Draft plans in AutoCAD and/or REVIT as required for each project.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
2. 3-7 years’ HVAC, piping, and plumbing design experience.
3. Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including IMC, UMC, IPC, NFPA, IBC, as well as LEED and green building requirements.
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
1. EIT registration preferred.
2. AutoCAD skills required.
3. REVIT skills highly desired.
Bury - 12 months ago