• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in Pro Engineer, CREO or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool
• Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word. Access a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving
• Designing sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes
• Use of CFD and thermal modeling/mockups to validate thermal solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
•Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
•Knowledge of personal computer architecture and operation a definite plus
Fort Collins , Colorado , US
Posting Start Date
Posting End Date
Project Description :
• Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates materials, mechanical systems and equipment with a focus on thermal and acoustic solutions in high performance Personal Computers.
• Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analysis and empirical testing on new and modified designs.
• Leads and/or assists in architecture development and assessment.
• Evaluates reliability of materials, components, properties, designs, and techniques used in production.
• May direct support personnel and/or partner organizations in the preparation of detailed designs, design testing, prototype fabrication, and production tooling.
• Designs engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling
• based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
• Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
• Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
• Participates on project teams of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex products.
• Represents the mechanical/thermal team on larger and more-complex development projects.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
2 - 8 years
Collabera - 18 months ago
Collabera is a fast growing, end-to-end information technology services and solutions provider working with leading Global 2000...