Entegris has recently made the Forbes List of Most Trustworthy Companies as one of only two small-cap companies that scored a near perfect 99, and has been ranked by the Boston Globe as one of the top 25 best-performing Massachusetts-based publicly traded companies!
As the global leader in materials integrity management, Entegris, Inc. provides products and services that purify, protect and transport critical materials. Entegris, Inc. serves primarily the semiconductor industry with involvement in other high-technology industries including data storage and fuel cell.
To learn more about our successes, please take a look at the following job description and check out our website at: http://www.entegris.com .
The Mechanical Design Engineer will help to drive the product development efforts of the engineering teams by conceiving, analyzing and developing new design concepts for and coordinating the process with R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing Departments.
In this role, you'll be involved with a wide variety of manufacturing technologies including design and layout product formats to satisfy the requirements and support improvement initiatives of existing and new products.
You'll work with domestic and international company resources and vendors to move designs from prototype to production. We are looking for someone who can become a subject matter expert across a range of semiconductor equipment and “own the whole device”.
Analysis and Testing
- Create multiple concepts to be used in the development of new platform or breakthrough products.
- Aid in the investigation of the ergonomic and aesthetic challenges and possibilities of concepts to optimize and enhance the product design.
- Define and implement solutions for derivative products.
- Coordinate process changes or new process development needed for new products.
- Create mechanical designs of products and transfer those concepts into accurate Pro/ENGINEER models, assemblies and drawings.
- Conduct analysis and testing to ensure that new products meet all appropriate mechanical and reliability requirements.
- Assist in analyzing design concepts related to reliability, manufacturability, cost effectiveness and optimal ergonomics.
- Create computer models and assemblies to accomplish computer analysis and engineering simulation.
- Assist in testing prototype parts and products and communicate findings.
- Review the technical accuracy of drawings and revisions made by CAD Technicians.
- Work with material vendors to identify materials for products in design having specific chemical and mechanical properties.
- Establish requirements for materials, specifications, and product performance.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-5 years of hands-on experience working within a manufacturing environment. WE ARE WILLING TO CONSIDER RECENT COLLEGE GRADS WITH INTERNSHIPS.
- SolidWorks experience a big plus.
- Ability to read, understand and create mechanical drawings.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge in Semiconductor hardware and systems desirable.
- Understanding thermodynamic principles of heat transfer, radiation and loss.
- Proven ability to coordinate successful projects including project analyses and reporting
- Ability to report information professionally, effectively, in a structured and concise format.
- Must be able to thrive in a team oriented environment with the ability to communicate effectively with the team proactively, including maintaining cooperative demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent overall computer and software skills/knowledge.
- Flexible and able to multi-task in a fast- paced environment.
- Quick learner, open and able to adapt with new tasks and processes.
- Skilled in ideation processes, abstract design concepts and computer modeling
Entegris - 15 months ago