Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has
grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the
world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
providers that offers complete design, engineering, and
manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive,
computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure,
medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of
facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over
a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design,
build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
Mechanical Engineer that will help to work with
suppliers and our customers to design both manual
activated as well as future automated production
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES / DUTIES:
- Work with suppliers, internal development teams and
customers to help design custom test fixture
solutions. These could be manual activated as well
as fully automated solutions that include electrical
sub assemblies and enclosure parts.
- Help to develop the mechanical specifications,
drawings and acceptance criteria for mechanical
solutions including mechanical fit / tolerances,
thermal and strain limits.
- Test out solutions to insure all acceptance criteria
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotes
- Help to support test fixtures deployed in production
including fixing testers, pulling yield data to
analyze trends and develop plans to modify and
improve existing solutions to improve yields and
- Determine wear rates and develop preventive
- Help to design new solutions or modify existing
solutions for mechanical holding fixtures used as
part of high volume manufacturing solution using
solidworks and or unigraphics.
- Qualify new designs or changes
- Deploy solutions to production line, train the
operators and monitor solutions for improvements in
assembly yields and quality
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of BSME, 2-4 years of experience in
mechanical fixturing is preferred but will consider
recent college grad with the right background.
- Excellent communication, documentation, customer
interface, and team skills.
- Experience with Solid works or unigraphics
- Past experience working in a machine shop with mills
is a plus.
Flextronics - 13 months ago
Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider...