At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
In Kansas City, Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City Plant, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.
Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. This highly visible role will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical background and experience.
Summary of Duties:
- Perform engineering functions on assigned projects or sub-projects by applying standard mathematical, physical science, and/or electrical/ chemical/ mechanical engineering technologies.
- Solve challenging problems, managing complex projects, using schematics and product drawings to pinpoint problems, building strong customer relationships, utilizing six sigma or lean tools, and knowledge of low level and high level software languages.
- Completes assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions.
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime.
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality.
- Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, productions and acceptance issues.
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- US citizenship in order to obtain a US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other equivalent discipline from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimal 2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing or testing of electro-mechanical or electronic devices.
Candidates with more or less experience may be considered as positions may be filled at multiple classification levels based on business requirement needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with 3D design software like Pro-E or SolidWorks
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in engineering related administrative activities such as configuration management, financial reporting, product testing procedures & data entry
- Proven ability in decision making and organization, planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- Good people skills, ability to motivate teams to produce on-target and timely results.
- Demonstrate project/program management via multiple priorities/projects
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once
- Willingness to travel on occasion
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Join Honeywell’s Talent Network: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell - 12 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...