At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Security Group (HSG) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HSG is a leading innovator, manufacturer and supplier of electronic security technology protecting millions of homes, businesses and government facilities across the globe. Products include burglar and fire alarms, access control and video surveillance systems. HSG serves customers worldwide from more than 120 offices in over 40 countries and its distribution business, ADI, has more than 200 branch locations.
The Mechanical Engineer II will provide mechanical drawing updates and design improvements to support tooling relocation and cost reduction projects for electro-mechanical products. This individual must have the ability to work with minimal supervision. Products and drawing updates must be designed for reliability, quality, cost effectiveness as well as for ease of manufacturability and assembly.
Range of responsibilities:
- Perform detailed reviews of first piece reports of existing and relocated tooled parts and coordinate tooling changes and drawing updates as required.
- Performs detailed studies, experiments, research and tests required to design and product packaging.
- Prepares feasibility studies and reports for assigned work making recommendations on technical problem resolution using Six Sigma Tools.
- Prepare all production documentation.
- Keeps informed on the latest state-of-the art devices, techniques and technical developments and theories associated with the Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Participates as the technical liaison between Marketing, QA, and supplier representatives to ensure actual design and performance are well defined within scope of the project.
- Works closely with Sourcing and Operations and the rest of the Security development team to execute relocation projects.
- Support value engineering projects to reduce cost of existing designs.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable agency legislation where it may apply to product introduction.
- Contributes to a positive team-based work environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of Pro-e.
- Minimum of 3 years total design experience
- Minimum of 2 years in injection molded plastic design.
- Surfacing and sheet metal modules (pro-e wildfire and pro Mechanica preferred) a plus.
- Able to multitask and manage his or her own projects.
To view and apply for this position, please visit http://www.careersathoneywell.com/ and reference job number 00210462
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell - 2 years ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...