Huntsman currently has an immediate opening for a
dynamic individual with proven capability as a
Mechanical Engineer in the Dayton,Texas location.
Essential responsibilities of this position include but
are not limited to the following:
assigned units and assists in the maintenance,
- 15% Makes periodic inspections of all equipment within
modification, or improvement of said equipment including
proper documentation and regulatory change management.
repair recommendations for all plant stationary and
- 15% Responsible for proper maintenance and engineering
equipment in excellent working condition.
- 15% Works with operations to maintain/operate
rotating equipment failures.
- 5% Leads root cause activities for stationary and
specifications for equipment within the units assigned.
- 5% Responsible for engineering and procurement
equipment procurement and installations.
- 10% Project manager for equipment repairs and new
required for unit inspections and maintenance
- 5% Manages the engineering support and supervision as
departments with technical assistance and written
- 10% Provides the production and process engineering
instructions concerning the maintenance and proper
operation of mechanical equipment.
his/her respective field through outside study, trade
- 5% Keeps current with technical developments in
journals, technical societies, and seminars.
Responsible for Process Safety Management (PSM)
compliance as it relates to mechanical integrity,
engineering design, relief devices, process safety
information, maintenance related procedures and all
applicable document retention requirements.
Other general responsibilities:
be assigned by supervisor.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman
- Participates in and completes company-required
Environmental Management System under ISO14001,
- Adheres to the site’s requirements of the
maintaining compliance to the rules and procedures
proscribed in the area’s operating discipline. Fills out
compliance and operating checklists, and participates in
the site’s efforts at pollution prevention and
initiatives as set forth by the company.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety
Education and Experience
years of related mechanical experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-5
Specific Skills and Knowledge
and Microsoft programs
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email,
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Good oral and written skills are a necessity.
- Professional Engineering License a plus.
and in writing, and maintains effective work relations
- Communicates tactfully and effectively both verbally
with those encountered during the course of employment.
and/or dynamic organizational priorities is critical for
- Flexibility and adaptability to new instructions
The successful candidate will receive a competitive
salary and will be eligible to participate in a
comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical,
vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance,
401k and pension plan.
Submit your resume on-line.
(MS Word format is preferred)
Huntsman is proud to be an Affirmative Action // Equal
Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). For additional
information about Huntsman vacancies please visit our
web site www.huntsman.com/careers.
Huntsman is a global manufacturer and marketer of
differentiated chemicals. Our operating companies
manufacture products for a variety of global industries,
including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation,
textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction,
technology, agriculture, health care, detergent,
personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging.
Originally known for pioneering innovations in packaging
and, later, for rapid and integrated growth in
petrochemicals, Huntsman has approximately 12,000
employees and operates from multiple locations
worldwide. The Company had 2011 revenues of over $11
*** Unsolicited Third Party Resumes Not Accepted ***
Req. Code : 20-2013
Exemption : Exempt
Offer Relocation : Yes
Huntsman - 19 months ago
Discover your career destination at Huntsman Corporation, a global chemical company with a diverse portfolio of innovative ideas and...