The Mechanical Engineer will be integral in planning, scheduling, and executing product and project tasks including; application evaluation, project layout, design, detailing, troubleshooting, evaluation, and ordering. In this role the Mechanical Engineer must be able to work with various team members including; Product Managers, other Engineers, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Vendors, and Project Managers. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
Ability to perform basic disassembly/assembly tasks using hand tools and product lifting up to about 40 pounds.
- Coordinate updates and review of service manuals and spare part lists.
- Contribute to the team effort in all aspects as required and called upon within the engineering function from pre-order evaluation of the specifications through post order job site evaluations, with the main emphasis on (standard and special) equipment design evaluations to improve first pass yield, reduce initial/warranty costs, while meeting/exceeding the customers expectations.
- Technical knowledge of material handling principles, and experience with variety of (case and pallet) material handling conveyor products.
- Knowledge of detailing for production facilities (cutting, bending, welding) capabilities.
- Knowledge of equipment controls and applications as it relates to the mechanical system.
- Organizational skills required to monitor and report on numerous product quality, improvement, and new development projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent comprehension of spatial relationships.
- Excellent mathematical skills required for analysis of formulas and calculations.
- Knowledge and experience with power transmission, pneumatic and hydraulic component selection.
- Knowledge and experience with strength of materials and finite element analysis.
- Some travel occasionally along with willingness to perform hands on investigation.
- Highly proficient using SW 3D, ACAD 2D and Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Intelligrated internal programs, databases and ISO engineering procedures would be a plus.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and conveyor mechanical design experience.
Intelligrated ( www.intelligrated.com ) is a leading North American-based, single-point provider of automated material handling solutions with operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Headquartered in Mason, Ohio, Intelligrated designs, manufactures and installs complete material handling automation solutions, including conveyor systems, IntelliSort® sortation systems, Alvey® palletizers and robotics, Real Time Solutions® order fulfillment systems, warehouse control software and advanced machine controls—all supported by 24X7 Customer Service and Support.
Serving the warehousing, distribution, consumer product manufacturing, postal and parcel markets, Intelligrated collaborates closely with its clients to develop productivity solutions and support their needs throughout the life of their material handling systems.
Intelligrated - 19 months ago
Intelligrated helps businesses move products -- literally. The company makes and installs automated material handling equipment, including...