Mechanical Engineer - petrochem process unit design - Fixed Equipment and Rotating Equipment
Our Client Company has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for Mechanical design, selection and requisition of equipment and instrumentation for hydrocarbon and caustic processing solutions designed and fabricated by the company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Completion of mechanical design for detailed engineering packages, including vessel calculations, review of vessel and structural calculations, bolt-torque calculations and procedures, design verification of equipment drawings and review of cut-sheets for instrumentation and other supplied equipment.
2. Review of equipment and instrument data sheets for process engineering packages, including the specification of quality requirements during fabrication, specification of painting systems and specification of material of construction requirements.
3. Specification of mechanical requirements for rotating equipment.
4. Develop standard designs and forms to minimize time and error in the design and procurement process.
5. Develop and review requisitions of all equipment and instrumentation; develop and maintain Tagged Equipment List.
6. Inspect received equipment and instrumentation.
7. Support and participate in pre-commissioning activities at customer location.
8. Assist the engineering group as required by the department needs.
9. Complete customer spare parts list.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $85k - $115k
1. B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. 3 years of experience in performing ASME pressure vessel calculations, selecting materials for construction, evaluating pumps, compressors, exchangers and other mechanical equipment for acceptability to specifications.(Must have experience with Compress or PV Elite).
3. Familiarity with ASME, API, ANSI, ASTM, TEMA and other standards used in the selection, design, and fabrication of equipment for the oil & gas industries
4. 3 years of experience performing Mechanical Engineering for an operating refinery, chemical plant or power plant, or EPC company.
5. Familiarity with equipment design software, PFDs, MFDs, P&IDs, General Arrangement, Isometric and other drawings used in the design and construction of refining, chemical, or power process systems.
6. Discrete with confidential information.
7. Strong oral and written communications skills.
8. Computer software literacy.
9. Travel both domestic and international, as required up to 10%.
10. Oracle experience desired.
Meador Staffing Services - 21 months ago
Cardinal Health Pharmacy Solutions soars above the playing field as a leading pharmacy management provider for hospitals in the US. The...