The mechanical engineer will design and develop rotating and translating mechanisms which are position transducers. Activities are very hands-on, including testing and interface with manufacturing. Environment is fast paced with concurrent projects. Position has plenty of direct responsibility and freedom to make decisions. This position will be involved with designing injection molded, machined, sheet metal, and cast parts.
- Design, design analyses, and development through production
- Prepare procedures and plans to test and evaluate products for design verification or product improvement.
- Maintain liaison with other departments during all phases of the product design, development and manufacture.
- Work as part of a team.
- Perform field failure analysis; confirm failure modes and solutions via testing and implementing solutions.
- Interface with customers on application-specific designs
- Be an important part of the Corrective-Action Process.
- Develop mathematical models when required.
- Develop complete engineering documentation.
- Good project management skills.
- High level of technical knowledge.
- Good design intuition.
- Good written and oral communications skills, especially writing reports, manuals and procedures
- Solid Works
- Ability to multitask is a must
- Experience with ISO9001 a plus
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- LabView (a plus)
- FEA (a plus)
Measurement Specialties, Inc. offers a highly dynamic environment where people can make a difference. We offer a competitive salary with a full comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) with discretionary company match. Measurement Specialties is an EOE/M/F/D/V
- Mechanical Engineering degree BSME
- 3 - 5 years experienceMechanical Engineeri
Measurement Specialties - 13 months ago