Metters Inc., is a leading veteran-owned government consulting organization that provides industry expertise and innovative technology to support our client's mission and goals. Our environment is both challenging and supportive. We give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
We are actively seeking Mechanical Engineers to performs standard engineering development and design work to include mechanical structures, components and assemblies using SolidWorks computer-aided-design (CAD) and solid modeling.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Work may include design of tooling and fixturing, and/or modification of existing designs. Competent at material selection, fastener selection, conceptual designs and final designs. Provides limited engineering support to manufacturing floor.
• BSME or BSET or equivalent experience required
• You must be a US citizen
• You must have a strong working knowledge of 3-D modeling and drafting per ANSI Y14.100 using Solidworks 2012 or later
• Three to five years experience in the design of mechanical mechanisms, electro-mechanical assemblies, hydraulics and pneumatics. Must have experience developing relatively complex systems and assemblies.
• You must be able to perform reverse engineering from actual functional hardware.
• Simulation and manufacturing experience desired.
• Knowledge of typical machine shop operations
• Practical knowledge of MIG and TIG welding (not as a welder), including knowledge of weld symbols a plus
• Electrical design experience a plus
• Some travel may be required
Metters, Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
Metters Incorporated - 2 years ago