The Mechanical Engineer specializes in the development of complex mechanical assemblies, enclosures and other assorted packages. Assignments typically involve one phase of a total project.
1. Prepares Engineering Project Task Charts for assigned projects.
2. Assist in preparation of project cost estimates and schedules.
3. Design mechanical assemblies, enclosures and packages for existing and new projects.
4. Update and forecast new estimates to accurately monitor projects.
5. Support production in building product models.
6. Evaluate new and existing products for possible improvements and utilizing field data.
7. Review Design Change Requests and write Engineering Change Notices.
8. Review and approve technical publications concerning assigned products to insure technical accuracy.
9. Participate in connection with fabrication and testing of equipment.
10. Participate in field operations and installations in US and abroad.
11. Project management and coordination as required.
12. Participate actively in quality assurance work within the company.
13. Perform other work related tasks as required.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mechanical Engineer performs a variety of tasks that are varied and somewhat complex in nature; however, assignments are generally limited to one phase of product development. The Mechanical Engineer receives direction from the functional manager.
The Mechanical Engineer frequently interfaces with Purchasing, Manufacturing, Field Engineering, and Quality Control and occasionally interfaces with outside vendors. The Mechanical Engineer must coordinate the efforts of co-workers within Design Engineering.
Knowledge of mechanical design and engineering theory.
Knowledge of fasteners, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
Ability to conceptualize and design systems.
Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work flow.
Skill in maintaining cooperative work relationships, problem solving, and record keeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field.
- We are searching for two engineers, mid-level and senior-level. A qualified applicant must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional, full-time mechanical engineering role.
US TX Houston Holmes Tuboscope Inc.
2835 Holmes Road
P.O. Box 808
National Oilwell Varco - 12 months ago
National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil patches...