Per SEnergy has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer for our client, performing work in the Southwest part of the US.This is a CONTRACTposition lasting approximately 12 months with potential for an extension.
Description of Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensures design products satisfy customer, contract and regulatory requirements
- Facilitates resolution of inter-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary technical and quality issues
- Ensures effective performance on moderately complex to complex engineering assignments.
- Plans, directs and performs the timely execution of engineering activities within the Mod Group.
- Ensures projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies, objectives and customer standards.
- Develops and/or administers organization engineering standards and procedures for the group.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships
- Conducts weekly group meetings to communicate administrative information and to manage issues associated with ongoing work assignments
Other duties include:
- Directs the engineering tasks assigned to the other disciplines for input to design mod packages
Supports Project Director(PD), Project Manager(PM), and Responsible Technical manager (RTM) while conducting client kickoff, 30%, 70%, 100% and DRB meetings. Owns the plant modification process and owns the Responsible Engineer (RE) function for plant modifications.. Able to self-start with minimal oversight to prepare and develop design change packages under client design modification procedures
Key Candidate must have current or previous design mod preparation experience
The Plant Engineering Modification Group create plant modification packages for Installed Base Business projects. Typical work activities of the group include detailed scoping of plant modifications, estimation / scheduling of engineering activities needed for the plant modifications, perform the technical design work associated with the modification, and assembly of the modification package.
Must be able to engage customers at milestone meetings with sound technical advice. System engineering background is a plus. Minimum 3-5 years experience on plant Design Modifications through all stages of preparation with varied client sites is preferred. Advanced knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data. Demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and work within detailed schedules and budgets. Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills. Candidate ensures best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated among Responsible Engineers (Res); interfaces with Engineering and Technical Management to provide guidance in resolving technical issues.