This is a long term full time career/ employment opportunity.
The candidate must be a self starter knowledgeable of the complexities of industrial process projects. He or she must be an experienced, functioning part of a project design team consisting of other mechanical engineers and designers as well as engineering design staff from other disciplines. Must have a sufficient understanding of project execution and design engineering to thoroughly define project scope, and execute assigned task for the mechanical portion of projects.
SKILL, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have a P.E. or be capable of obtaining a license within one year of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Must have experience with industrial chemical processes and knowledge equipment utilized in chemical processes
- Experience with mineral processing a plus
- Experience with hydrocarbon processing a plus
- MSHA Certificate a plus
- Must be willing to travel for short durations. Occasional extended travel may be required.
- Must have basic engineering understanding of heat transfer; fluid flow; strength of materials; vibrations; and thermodynamics.
- Must have knowledge beyond basic engineering knowledge in two of the following categories: heat transfer, fluid flow, strengths of materials, vibrations or thermodynamics
- Strong knowledge of rotating equipment, heat transfer equipment or material handling equipment is a plus.
- Must have a strong understanding of consulting engineering.
- FEA experience a plus
- CFD experience a plus
- Work with other mechanical engineers, designers and drafter to complete simple to complex process projects.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to complete simple to complex process projects.
- Mentor team members and other staff members.
- Perform work tasks as assigned by project leads.
- Perform calculations.
- Create and modify specifications.
- Technical evaluation of vendor proposals.
- Review and correct vendor drawings.
- Occasional travel to job sites, client offices, and vendors manufacturing facilities.
- Long and short term field assignments.
Indeed - 18 months ago