The basic function of the Mechanical Engineer position is to develop plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates on a number of concurrent projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs professional engineering tasks in own discipline, guided from time to time by more senior staff members, in order to develop design documents.
- Obtains field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. Make assessments of existing field conditions using knowledge of engineering systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing for fire protection) design and operation. Document existing conditions as required. May require occasional overnight travel
- Solves standard engineering problems. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- Performs research and writes reports.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
- Within his or her technical specialty, is able to design and lay out routine portions of a project using AutoCAD MEP or other means.
- Develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
- Creates final design documents.
- Will perform calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify engineering systems from catalogs or CAD systems.
- Prepares studies, drawings or sketches as required.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to cutting/trimming of plans, blueprint making, photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and any other miscellaneous duties which may be required from time to time to assist in the smooth operation of the firm.
Standard Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a graduate from an engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation for Engineering and Technology or from a Non-accredited engineering curriculum or related engineering science or with a B.S. degree in Engineering Technology with at least three years of related in the consulting engineering field, including developing plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of the discipline he/she is designing.
- Formal training in AutoCad MEP is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- E.I.T. preferred
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes a 401(k) plan, bonus opportunities, affordable health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance and disability benefits, generous paid time off policy and flextime.