Real Staffing Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the R&D team of a growing diagnostic medical device company in theSan Diego area. The Mechanical Engineer will be part of a team that will develop the next generation handheld/portable medical device instrumentation.
The essential duties/responsibilities for this position are:
Requirements of the position:
- Design, fabricate and test plastic housing enclosures and other mechanical components required for medical electronic products;
- Prepare technical documentation, manage control of versions from prototyping through production;
- Work within a regulated (FDA and ISO) product development system;
- Work with other corporate resources to transfer products to production, review;
- Provide technical input to other product designs;
- Assist in special projects as defined by the Director of Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least four years plus of Mechanical design experience;
- Knowledge of ProE and AutoCAD, proficient with SolidWorks;
- Understand product configuration management, part numbering systems, and ability to put together and document a reasonable product structure;
- Knowledge of and experience with design for low cost, high volume plastic housings and components;
- Computer literate with knowledge of product and ME design standards and processes (ASTM Y14.5, etc.);
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms;
- Experience in the medical device industry a plus.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in hearing more about this position, please send a copy of your resume directly to my email at and I will follow up with a phone call.
To find out more about Real, please visit www.realstaffing.com
RealNetworks, Inc. creates and delivers digital media content such as music, games and video to consumers worldwide. It sells digital...