Real Staffing Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the R&D team of a growing diagnostic medical device company in theSan Diego area. The Mechanical Engineer will be part of a team that will develop the next generation handheld/portable medical device instrumentation.
The essential duties/responsibilities for this position are:
Requirements of the position:
- Design, fabricate and test plastic housing enclosures and other mechanical components required for medical electronic products;
- Prepare technical documentation, manage control of versions from prototyping through production;
- Work within a regulated (FDA and ISO) product development system;
- Work with other corporate resources to transfer products to production, review;
- Provide technical input to other product designs;
- Assist in special projects as defined by the Director of Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least four years plus of Mechanical design experience;
- Knowledge of ProE and AutoCAD, proficient with SolidWorks;
- Understand product configuration management, part numbering systems, and ability to put together and document a reasonable product structure;
- Knowledge of and experience with design for low cost, high volume plastic housings and components;
- Computer literate with knowledge of product and ME design standards and processes (ASTM Y14.5, etc.);
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms;
- Experience in the medical device industry a plus.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in hearing more about this position, please send a copy of your resume directly to my email at and I will follow up with a phone call.
To find out more about Real, please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real - 10 months ago