The Mechanical Engineer will be a hands-on person who can manage and participate in all aspects of design, testing, manufacture and continuous improvements. This position will apply knowledge of engineering principles to launch new products and improve existing products. Also, this position will be an excellent communicator who can work in cross-functional environment with managers, shop floor personnel, engineers, service technicians, and customers.
- Be a technology leader in new product development using NPD (New Product Development) process from design concept to mass production.
- Works with Sales personnel to develop, specify, and/or customize products as Engineered Solutions.
- Improves existing products through cost savings, quality improvement, and manufacturing enhancement projects.
- Executes ECR/ECO to implement engineering changes.
- Works closely with Manufacturing personnel to address and resolve issues.
- Works with Quality and Technical Service personnel to troubleshoot field issues.
- Works with vendors to apply latest technologies.
- Works with engineers on other projects to balance work load
- Develops engineering procedures, standards, and documentation
- Manages and maintains engineering documentation system.
- Implements company-wide documentation processes and procedures.
- Must possess analytical skills, critical thinking and excellent communication skills including technical writing.
- A wide degree of creativity is expected.
- Designs in 3D and drafts 2D working drawings and detail drawings using SolidWorks.
- Ability to author Engineering Change Order (ECO).
- Familiar with manufacturing environments including the requirements of ECR/ECO.
- Functions effectively in a team environment and have the ability to communicate at a technical level.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and documentation skills in order to clearly convey status updates, issues, etc.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced organization with some times challenging deadlines and workloads.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required; Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
- 3+ years working experience in the design and manufacture of consumer and/or commercial products.
- Proficient in SolidWorks; 2+ years of Solid Modeling experience is desirable.
- 2+ years project management experience using NPD (New Product Development) process is a plus.
- 2+ years experience with manufacturing engineering, tooling, and/or assembly process is desired.
- Must be able to pass drug test and maintain a clear background history.
- This position will be located in Charlotte, NC.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ScentAir - 8 months ago