SNC Poway is looking for engineers to join our SpaceShipTwo Propulsion team to help usher in the new era of commercial space flight.
We are a small, well rounded, multi-talented group and are looking for the same. If you are one of the engineers frustrated by the shackles of large aerospace and want to expand your horizons, this is the dream job for you.
Provide ownership of development through the product life cycle such as drawing generation and release, parts procurement, assembly, integration and test. The candidate will be involved in:
Detailed design and documentation
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics.
• Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
• Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information.
• Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews.
• Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications.
• Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
• Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering.
• Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical/engineering field; Masters degree preferred
• 5-15 years of experience
• Expert CAD user; Pro/E (Wildfire 2.0 or higher) a strong plus
• Extensive experience designing and developing mechanical components or systems; space-related hardware, valves, or high pressure fluid experience a strong plus
• Structural analysis via NASTRAN or ProMechanica
• Knowledge of Thermal Desktop, Sinda/Fluent, and CFD a plus
• Excellent knowledge of fluid and thermodynamics; experience conducting fluids analysis on space-related systems a plus
• Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Ability to travel occasionally required
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance maybe required.
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...