Superpedestrian is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the Copenhagen Wheel Hardware Development team. The ideal candidate has strong skills in design, analysis, and integration; with a familiarity with drivetrain components used in robotics applications. Additionally, the ability to handle concurrent fast paced projects, be an aggressive self-starter requiring minimal direction, and be willing to do whatever is needed to make a project a success is a must.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of direct work experience
- Experience integrating BLDC motors (framed and frameless) into robotics applications
- Component design, analysis and optimization using 3D CAD modeling tools including SolidWorks
- Structural analysis (FEA) and materials selection experience
- Thermal analysis and design experience
- Detailed knowledge of drivetrain component design
- Perform detailed design and technical drawings of systems, components and interfaces
- Experience in both prototype and production manufacturing techniques (FDM, casting, forging, molding, machining, stamping, etc.)
What does Superpedestrian Do?
- Avid cyclist and capable bike mechanic
- DFM experience
- Electric vehicle experience
- Knowledge of control systems
- Ideal applicant has experience with a wide range of technologies and projects, and has previous work experience at both small and medium/large companies
We are an early stage venture-backed startup company operating out of Cambridge, MA that is developing The Copenhagen Wheel, which turns any bike into a smart electric hybrid. There are no external wires or batteries, and all technology is contained within the wheel hub. All actuation happens via monitoring the rider’s pedal input. Users also have the ability to share information through their smartphone.
No phone calls or recruiters please. Should you meet the qualifications of this position, we will contact you to discuss further.
Superpedestrian is an equal opportunity employer.
Superpedestrian - 30+ days ago