We are seeking extraordinary Mechanical Engineers to join forces with our elite product development team in Seattle. Our project managers and mechanical, electrical, and software engineers provide world class product development services to a broad range of clients. Our mechanical engineering team thrives on solving our clients’ most challenging problems by these means:
This is what we love to do, why we choose to engineer physical products, what Synapsters call ‘the hard shit.’
Everybody is customer facing at Synapse. We have the opportunity to professionally share our collective accomplishments.
Leave your ego at the door! Our customer’s goals are our shared priority. Great ideas come from everyone including engineering interns, the IT team, and execs. We share lessons learned to the benefit of the team.
Product Development Process:
We develop solutions to solve our customers’ most challenging product development needs. We break down product requirements to identify the fundamental challenges; brainstorm solutions, prototype, test and repeat until products are reliably rolling off the production line.
New Product Introduction (NPI):
We lay out the path to mass production for our customers, suppliers and contract manufacturers (CM’s). We collaborate with them to ensure design requirements are met. Through manufacturing site visits we train production supervisors, expedite problem resolution and ensure quality.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will participate in the design process from conceptualization through to New Product Introduction. Along the way, you are expected to integrate the mechanical design with industrial design, user interface, test, electrical design, and manufacturability requirements. Work will include engineering analysis; CAD design & documentation; applying concurrent engineering principles; managing prototype fabrication, assembly, and testing; creating product test plans; and responding to changes in requirements due to test findings or changing client needs. You will work closely with talented engineers, program leads, project managers and the client’s team.
You will work individually or collaboratively in teams to engineer, analyze, design, architect, document and support research, development, testing and the introduction of new products for our clients and partners.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 4 years of product design experience (concept to production) including design for test and manufacturing
- Proficient with design of injection molded components, PCBA interfaces and mechanical layouts, stamped and formed sheet metal parts and general design experience with high tech consumer devices.
- Proficient working on highly-concurrent, collaborative, multi-disciplinary programs
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity in early-phase investigative projects
- Strong proficiency with analytical engineering tools, finite element analysis, and mathematical modeling/simulation packages
- Proficient 3D CAD skills in SolidWorks and/or Pro/ENGINEER
- Proficient in translating industrial surfaces into manufacturable designs
- Proficient at rapidly deciphering and prioritizing conflicting specifications, constraints, and requirements
- A strong desire to improve skills and processes through constant collaboration
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small and large multidisciplinary teams.
- A robot personal servant that can make a decent martini
This is required of all Mechanical Engineering applicants. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio.
- A portfolio should exemplify your skills, show projects and assignments you’ve worked on and any other type of work you’ve done in the mechanical engineering field. It should be a presentation of you and your experiences as it relates to the job qualifications.
DataSynapse, Inc. is a global provider of virtual application infrastructure software. The company's flagship products, GridServer and...