Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate discipline.
• Must be a Registered Professional Engineer or be able to become a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Pennsylvania.
• Minimum seven years of experience in process equipment and piping design. Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of experience. PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience. Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
• Must demonstrate capability of performing at least two of the types of calculations listed: hydraulic calculations, piping stress analysis, pressure vessel analysis, pump and compressor sizing calculations and large tank design calculations.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for equipment and construction specification writing, drawing review, equipment selection and procurement, hydraulic and piping stress analysis calculations, pressure vessel analysis, pump and compressor sizing calculation and large tank design calculations.
The successful candidate will:
• Work with designers/drafters to meet client drawing deliverables.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed designs of process systems including writing specifications and reports.
• Prepare MTO's for mechanical and piping systems.
• Provide oversight and technical input for the preparation of piping design and equipment layout drawings.
• Work and provide guidance to other engineers for small capital projects.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...