Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Mechanical
Job Title :
Type of Position:
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering or other appropriate discipline.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in the Oil and/or Gas midstream/pipeline, power or petrochemical industry or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) preferred. EIT Registration required.
• Knowledge of current national and local mechanical codes and regulations such as API 610, 614, 617, 618, 670, and ASME.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Engineering Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Mechanical Engineer for immediate employment in the Houston office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for engineering and design activities including working directly with other engineers and design drafters to produce engineering documents and designs for various industry related facilities.
• Serves as a technical specialist for the office in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles or processes for an assigned area of responsibility (i.e., subject matter, function, type of facility or industry) including Process Piping, testing and operation start-up.
• Reviews contract bidding and administration.
• Plans and develops segments of engineering projects with unique or controversial problems that have an important effect on major organization programs, which involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches.
• Leads technical proposals.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Responsible for preparing specifications, data sheets, RFQ’s, technical bid summaries, purchase orders, and construction packages for subcontracts.
• Responsible for the review of vendor drawing data. Must be able to communicate detailed design issues effectively with suppliers, clients, and other engineering disciplines.
• Must effectively follow equipment through fabrication, installation, and start-up and provide support to field staff as required to support specific project requirements.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...