Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Mechanical
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering or other appropriate discipline.
• Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
• Minimum seven years of mechanical engineering experience in an industrial facility or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience. Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of experience. PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience. Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to obtain
• Experience in mechanical engineering fundamentals of pipeline and compressor facilities, construction and operation
• Understanding of rotating compression and process equipment for dehydration, separation, gas and liquid storage, natural gas liquefaction and vaporization and cooling of natural gas
• Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Engineering Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Mechanical Engineer for immediate employment in the New Orleans office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Prepare and review design submittals
• Write pipeline and station project scope of work documents from development through completion
• Understand and read detailed design drawings such as P&IDs, PFDs, Plans, Sections, and Isometrics
• Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluations, tests, products or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
• Verify that applicable codes and engineering standards and practices are being met
• Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering for a moderate scope project
• Develop and review cost estimates and projections
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...