Summary: Provide application and design support to customers and outside sales force in the application of company products lines. Develop unique designs and special modifications of those product lines to meet all company and customer requirements. Also maintain existing standard products and develop/implement standard product enhancements.
1. Review for completeness incoming work assignments such as but not limited to order processing, quote processing, sample requests and engineering request.
2. Perform basic component stress analysis to insure the structural integrity of all components and assemblies as is required by the application.
3. Provide engineering support to outside sales force (including our distributor network) and customers.
4. Analyze customer application requirements and the application of standard, modified, and special unique company products and designs.
5. Responsible for lead development and recording using customer database software (CRM).
6. Suggest possible modifications to application specifications that may materially affect engineering problems, cost, or manufacturing lead time.
7. Provide engineering service assistance on installation operation, repair, and other customer problems.
8. Assist external customers on RGA’s involving failures due to misapplied product. Review application and recommend solutions.
9. Participate in new product development to assure alignment with current application requirements.
10. Approve work done by design drafters for suitability and accuracy.
11. Prepare various production/presentation drawings and related documentation utilizing computer aided design equipment. This includes creating new designs using 3D modeling software (Solidworks).
12. Prepare bill of materials for all finished goods and component parts.
13. Provide mentoring to new/other Application Engineers (I & II) including the checking of work of new Application Engineers (new= first six months).
14. Responsible for processing quote requests for unique “specials” products. Includes working with other departments to verify manufacturing capabilities and developing costs for special components/assemblies. Also requires customer collaboration to develop specifications based on application.
15. Travel is required to support customer technical needs. (Approximately 10%)
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- FPS certification (within the first year of employment).
- 7 years of related work experience in the Fluid Power industry or designing equipment that uses pneumatic cylinders.
- Effective communication skills (written, oral, and listening). Ability to manage communications with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions/recommendations. Can interpret an extensive variety of complex technical instructions in mathematical or illustrative form and work with information that is both abstract and variable.
- Understanding of the risks associated with changes to standard product; including changes driven from cost reductions, design improvements, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 years ago - save job