Mechanical Engineer with focus on Hydraulics
Houston - USA
, a Fortune 500 Company, is a world-wide leading supplier of premium products and services to the oil and gas exploration and production industry, the petrochemical industry and other industrial markets. We are seeking to hire a qualified candidate to fill the position of
in our Houston, TX location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing design development projects resulting in the definition of new products and improvements to existing drilling products. This includes providing design support to the field through analyzing and diagnosing product related issues, understanding drilling applications and practices, and developing down-hole tool designs from concept to production. This position is part of the Technology Domain group and will have responsibilities for product design, development, testing and implementation of multiple product lines including, drill bits, under reamers, turbine drive systems and others.
The successful candidate must possess a good fundamental background in basic mechanical engineering disciplines along with the following qualifications:
offers a competitive salary, benefit packages including 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Education Reimbursement and advancement opportunities for innovative people.
- A PhD or MS with two years’ experience in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) with a specialty in experimental or computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- An aptitude to create innovative designs for next-generation down-hole tools through the stages of conceptualization, design, manufacturing, testing and commercialization.
- Capable of working with field engineering to evaluate and diagnose product failures and then implement product improvements.
- Capable of developing experimental hydraulic test plan for product verification.
- Experience in programming C++ and/or Visual Basic are a plus.
- Familiarity with commercial meshing programs and CFD solvers. Working knowledge of Ansys Workbench, ICEMCFD, CFX and Fluent a plus.
- Ability to work on a project team or on solo projects with minor functional supervision.
- Prior CAD workstation experience (Pro/E preferred).
- Willingness and ability to travel to field locations if necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, it...