At PALFINGER LIFTGATES, we continuously pursue our vision of being the preferred provider of truck mounted lifting, handling, and service equipment throughout North and Latin America. If you like contributing your talents, being rewarded for strong performance, and enjoy the satisfaction of accomplishment, then we think you have found the right place to come and build a future.
Reporting to Engineering Manager, the Engineer is responsible for product support and implementation of new product release to manufacturing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; change to current product, administration of ECN process, and bill of materials structures. Work closely with design engineering and manufacturing departments to ensure manufacturability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• 3D mechanical Design, drafting, layout work.
• Support the various aspects of the engineering, design, planning, and development.
• Process and industrial engineering support for 2014 SAP rollout.
• Apply a sound basic knowledge of safety, environmental, and energy-related issues during the execution of projects.
• Strong CAD knowledge; Pro-E, SolidWorks, Autodesk, AutoCad, exc.
• Strong Drafting techniques; views, dimensions, tolerances, geometric tolerances, welding symbols, exc.
• Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP, TCM, Sage, Oracle, exc.
• Proficient computer skills, Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, exc.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in related field.
• 5 years experience in mechanical, industrial, or process engineering.
We seek an individual with a strong mechanical aptitude. This person may have prior experience or hobbies related to machine shop, fabrication, engine building, cars, motorcycles, or airplanes.