Lab Support is currently recruiting for a very Mechanically Inclined Laboratory Technician for a contract to hire opportunity. Our client is a global petroleum company with steady growth.
Candidates will be working with proprietary instrumentation in a PVT Laboratory.
Candidates should possess a HS or AS degree with a proven track record in petroleum or mechanical work coupled with a chemistry and/or physics background.
- Learn to perform all aspects of lab work pertaining to PVT studies such as, bubble point, flash work, and transfers
- Learn to perform equipment maintenance
- Study reservoir fluid phase behavior theory
- Learn to maintain laboratory information management system
- Calculate computer-generated data from bubble point and flash work
- Understand pressure safety, including cylinder rating and equipment specifications
- Maintain cleanliness of laboratory
- Solid background in mechanical ability - daily use of tools
On Assignment - 18 months ago