Location: Waxahachie, TX - US
This supervisor position will lead the Central Maintenance and Utility Operations for the Waxahachie Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the central maintenance activities, utilities, and grounds. The Central Shops / Utilities Maintenance Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. He / She must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
The position reports to: The Maintenance and Engineering Leader and will lead a team of approximately 15 union crafts professionals.
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures while conducting environmental and quality activities.
Responsible for all aspects of the Mechanical Maintenance Operations.
- Ensures the routine mechanical maintenance of Plant equipment by:
- Development and execution of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Further develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-Leading and coaching of unionized primary maintenance workforce (crew of approx 15) and driving engagement in the primary workforce
- Ensures the Plant needs for Central Shop services are prioritized and managed appropriately (Utilities, Machine Shop, Mobile and Rotating Equipment repair, Building and Grounds)
- Grow the service and quality culture in the department and meet / exceed established goals.
Become a technical resource regarding the insulation manufacturing process, equipment and protocols
- Technical knowledge in mechanical drive systems, fluid power systems, mixing systems, data acquisition, etc.
- Identify opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
Ensure the injury-free performance of fifteen (15+) primary member team
- Develops and implement a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Effectively lead and manage change for his / her workgroup while maintaining high levels of employee engagement.
Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning leadership characteristics and competencies
- Works closely with the Production Department in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Ensure supervisory practices are consistent with the facility collective bargaining agreement and effectively manage the grievance resolution process.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline or Technology Diploma (Mechanical maintenance) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Three (3) – Five (5) years progressive leadership experience in manufacturing setting
Predictive/Preventive Maintenance and Reliability Engineering experiences are highly desired
Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing experience is a plus
Experience operating and maintaining Utility processes is a plus (Boilers, Steam distribution, Air Compressors and distribution, and several process water supply systems).
Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data
Ability to lead unionized hourly employees
Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization
Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and outside of the organization
Ability to work both strategically and hands-on
Strong interpersonal skills
Must be highly organized and able to adapt to constantly changing demands and priorities.
Must be results-oriented with high level of self-direction , initiative and focus on customer satisfaction
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites found in the automotive industry to innovative roofing products to energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011, and we are preparing to celebrate our 75th anniversary in 2013. A Fortune® 500 company for 58 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 28 countries reaching across five continents. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...