Job Title: MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER (PE)
Description: With limited supervision, apply advanced mechanical engineering techniques and analysis. The Mechanical PE develops designs that are functional and innovative. Perform in expeditionary environment with minimal supervision, has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Research, develop, and design a variety of systems for commercial and industrial facilities. Evaluate the desired goal of the system and develop, design, or select the required equipment, power controls, piping, structures, and earthwork to achieve the goal.
• Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial applications
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
• Analyze field failures, resolving technical related issues involving Leatherneck real property.
• Meet with end user and external customers as needed to understand requirements. Investigate new technologies or existing technologies that can be effectively applied to Camp Leatherneck.
• Ensure that the product being developed will meet customer expectations.
• Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
• Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices used in building construction.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable rules and regulatory codes relevant to the alteration and construction of plumbing, heating, ventilating or air conditioning systems in facilities.
• Good knowledge of construction plans and specifications for plumbing, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems in facilities.
• Ability to perform difficult technical computations.
• Ability to make complex, technical drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working conditions with others.
• Ability to supervise in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
• Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
• Working knowledge of metals and alloys and their properties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• AutoCAD (AutoCAD 2012 and AutoDesk Design Suite Ultimate 2012 ) experience required.
• Secret Clearance.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -