Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
This is a hybrid technical role dedicated to the development, implementation and verification of custom mechanical design solutions as well as providing high-quality engineering support to meet Field Service and external customer needs. The successful candidate will be a results-driven individual with passion for customer satisfaction and who is excited to be part of a new team. Interaction with cross functional team members is essential, including Service, Product Development, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Applications and the Customer.
Mechanical Engineering – Custom Solutions
Product Support Engineering
- Create design specifications based on defined user requirements
- Design mechanical parts and systems from initial concept to final product delivery
- Analyze the tolerance (GD&T) of mechanical components and assemblies
- Participate in design reviews with other key functions including Mechanical, Optical and Systems Engineering
- Work with suppliers on the fabrication of prototype and final parts
- Perform system build, testing, verification and mechanical debug
- Provide set of verified engineering documentation for release
- Directly support the Field Service organization in their critical customer support activities through training, excellent problem solving, quick containment and countermeasure development and deep understanding of product function.
- Provide hands-on product support that may include customer on-site installation, investigation, and repair of our scientific research instruments.
- Create, modify and maintain core product specific training documentation
- Learn and use DBS tools such as FMEA, Problem Solving, Poka-Yoke and Standard Work to achieve quality, delivery and cost targets and to continuously improve processes
Danaher Corporation Overview
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ plus years industry design experience
- Proven, hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Excellent mechanical and general systems troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently.
- Can quickly convert requirements into design and part fabrication
- Ability to adapt quickly to new projects and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience with SolidWorks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn and master additional software applications desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have a passport and be able to travel outside the United States.
- Ability to travel (10% – 20%) to visit customers.
Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 66,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Danaher Corporation (Danaher) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing of professional, medical, industrial, commercial and...