1+ year of experience
- Job Summary
- The Medical Technologist performs laboratory procedures that will provide data in the diagnosis and treatment of disease for patients of all age categories (infant/neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric). The technologist is responsible for making independent decisions, recognizing abnormal results, and pursuing appropriate follow up action. Uses own initiative to organize work and set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete assignments.
- Qualifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology or related area or completion of other program allowing certification as a technologist by the State of Georgia. Obtain certification as a technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent within 18 months after completion of school.
- Certification as a generalist technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent.
- One year clinical rotation or lab practicum and/or two years clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Demonstrates judgement in assessing results, solving problems or taking action.
- Substantial interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with hospital staff, physicians and patients to perform duties as listed in functions above.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to stand, walk, and move throughout the department and hospital campus. Ability to reach with hands and arms. Sensory ability: sight to see computer screen; auditory to hear speech and understand speech in person and on the phone. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.