Under the direction of the Manager of Media and Public Affairs, assist in the day-to-day function of the media affairs team and public relations initiatives to support the goals and objectives of the Society and the Public Affairs Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Manager of Media and Public Affairs by proactively seeking media coverage and by responding to a heavy volume of inquiries by the traditional and new media.
- Assist in providing talking points, coaching and preparation to SHRM executives and Board members for media interviews.
- Assist in the development of creative, proactive strategies to communicate the Society’s mission statement of advancing the human resource profession and serving the professional.
- Establish and maintain ongoing productive relationships with members of the media and act as a media spokesperson for the Society.
- Work with Manager of Media and Public Affairs to conceptualize, develop, and promote articles for placement in HR, business and trade publications.
- Help to anticipate need for and prepare press releases for SHRM, as well as letters to the editor and opinion editorials for placement in print and online publications.
- Develop creative, proactive strategies for promotion of SHRM and the Society's products, research, and events through various media.
- Promote the Society’s news in social media and collaborate with a separate social media team.
- Promote SHRM conferences and manage media presences at the conferences. Travel to one or more conferences annually to manage press on-site.
- Monitor press coverage of the Society, oversee department’s media-monitoring software and coordinate regular production of reports about coverage. Distribute daily executive news summary.
- Assist in maintaining and improving online pressroom.
NPT Publishing Group
- 2 years ago - save job